Toolmaking - plastic injection and metal stamping | Mould Sets | Ejector Pins | Precision Machining | CNC Machining | CNC Turning | Gun-drilling | Surface Grinding | Cylindrical Grinding
With over 60 years of manufacturing high precision quality tooling and mould sets, EG Whiter is a leader in the tool and die industry in New Zealand.
Our modern production facilities, combined with the expertise of our skilled, highly trained team means EG Whiter has established a reputation of excellence in innovation, engineering and craftsmanship.
Our aim is simple: we use our precision engineering skills to the benefit of our customers by achieving an in-depth understanding of their requirements, creating innovative solutions for them where others can’t, and then continue to meet their changing demands through the use of leading-edge technology.
Our commitment to excellence is evident not only in our products, but also in the continued development of our skilled team through fostering a culture where quality craftsmanship and excellence is highly valued.
We can provide services from concept to completion and, with a large, modern plant, we have the capacity to handle a wide variety of work, from simple mould-sets to complex finished injection moulds. We manufacture high precision tooling for a diverse range of products, from food containers, domestic appliances, automotive wheel trims and electronic equipment.
The modern machining capabilities of our leading-edge plant have kept EG Whiter at the forefront of our industry.
- Large vertical rotary grinding up to 2200mm in diameter allows us to rough grind straight from raw material.
- A large surface grinding capacity of 2200mm x 1250mm x 750mm is the largest in the country.
- CNC machining both 2D and 3D, including high speed machining & rib processing with our 50,000 RPM Electric Spindle, enabling us to handle small inserts and electrode work right through to large pocketing work in mould sets up to 2000mm x 1200mm outside dimensions.
- CNC turning, and 7 manual lathes.
- 16 manual milling machines, horizontal and vertical.
- 5 spark erosion machines, backing up our excellent toolroom facility.
- Our horizontal Nagel gun-drilling machine for holes up to 25mm diameter and 1000mm in length from one end, is kept busy drilling waterways in mould tools, also oil ways for hydraulic rams and grease holes through shafts.
- Powerful twin column band saws enable us to cut stock material 700mm wide x 500mm high. This allows us to bulk buy stock, and not rely on suppliers to cut it for us, thus reducing down time to machines.